1) Exercise – helps keep your dog a healthy weight and makes them more agile and limber.
2) Improves digestion and constipation.
3) Promotes better behavior – less boredom leads to less destructive behavior and hyperactivity. Exercise and getting some fresh air and sunlight promotes a feeling of well-being and relaxation.
4) Strengthens Bond & Trust – spending time with your pet strengthens your bond and promotes a strong, trusting relationship. Timid or fearful pets can gain confidence and trust with regular walks as they are exposed to new people, pets and situations, and have you there to comfort them.
5) Your health too – all of the above benefits of walking apply to you too! So get out there and walk your dog today!
If you have questions, contact us at Chestermere Veterinary Clinic 403-272-3573, or visit us at http://www.chestermerevet.com.
Like us on Facebook!
Pet MD. Top Ten Health Benefits Walking Provides Your Pet. http://www.petmd.com/dog/slideshows/general_health/top-ten-health-benefits-walking-your-pet-provides . Web September 15, 2014.